Ah, the internet. It’s a fascinating tool that can help your business thrive. The world has changed so much in the past 10 years, but you still have to do some old-school marketing to get new customers and keep them happy. Luckily for you, we’ve pulled together a list of ways you can use the internet to grow your business and build an online presence that will make people want to buy from you!
Social media is a powerful tool for connecting with your customers.
Social media is an excellent way to connect with your customers. It’s also a great way to build brand awareness, create buzz around new products or services, and generate leads.
Benefits of social media:
- You can target specific audiences based on their interests and demographics (age, gender, location)
- You can build a community by engaging with people who share similar values or interests as you do
- It’s free! There are no fees associated with setting up an account on Facebook or Twitter
You need to build your email list.
If you have a business, you need an email list. It’s as simple as that. Email marketing is a great way to connect with your customers and promote your products or services at the same time.
You can build an email list in several ways:
- Give away something of value in exchange for their email address (like an ebook).
- Ask them if they want more information about what you offer by entering their email address in a form field on your website (this is called “opt-in”).
- Send out regular updates about new products or services that are relevant to them–the more relevant they are, the better chance they will open them!
Make an easy way for people to share your content.
Make it easy for people to share your content.
There are a few ways you can make this happen:
- Use social media buttons. Social media buttons are simple images that allow users to share your content on their favorite networks with just one click. The most popular ones include Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “Tweet This” button, LinkedIn’s “Share” button and Pinterest’s “Pin It” button (see examples below). Social media buttons should be placed near the top or bottom of each page so they’re visible at all times–not only when someone first lands on the page but also after they’ve scrolled down through it all and want to move onto another page or section within your site or app.*
Make sure you have a great website.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that your website has a great design that’s easy to navigate. This can be achieved by either hiring a professional designer, or simply using one of the many templates available online.
It’s also important for websites to have blogs so that people can stay updated with what’s happening in your business and industry. Make sure that all of this content is up-to-date (no old news), interesting, relevant and engaging!
Next up: having contact information on your site is really important as well – don’t forget about it! This includes things like phone numbers and email addresses so customers can easily get in touch with you if they want information or support related questions before buying anything from the website itself…or just plain old questions about life in general haha 🙂
Create useful content that is easy to find and share.
- Create useful content that is easy to find and share.
- It should be relevant to the audience, but also easy for them to understand.
- Keep it short and sweet, with clear headings so people can scan through your article quickly.
- Make sure it’s easy for readers to share your articles with their friends by using social media buttons or links at the end of each post (like this one!).
Build relationships with influencers in your industry.
To build a strong online presence, you’ll need to find influencers in your industry. Influencers are people with large followings who have an audience that trusts their opinions and recommendations. The best way to reach out to them is through social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
If you’re thinking about reaching out on Twitter:
- Make sure they’re a good fit for your brand. If the person has nothing in common with your product or service then they won’t be able to give any useful advice or feedback on what could make it better. For example if I owned a clothing store then I wouldn’t contact someone who owns a dog grooming business because there isn’t much overlap between our target markets/customers/buyers etc., even though both businesses operate online! So make sure whatever platform(s) you use has enough users within the same verticals as yours so that when someone sees both of these accounts together it makes sense from an outsider’s perspective too (i.e., why would these two companies work together?).
It’s easier than most people think to build an online presence for your business!
Social media is a powerful tool for connecting with your customers. It allows you to connect with them in real time and make sure that they know exactly what you are up to, but it’s also important to have an email list so that you can communicate directly with people who want updates from you or special offers.
Make sure that there is an easy way for people to share your content on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. This will help increase awareness about what you are doing in the world!
Creating useful content (blogs) on a regular basis is crucial for driving traffic back onto your website where they will hopefully buy something from the store!
We hope that this article has helped you to understand how to build an online presence for your business. It’s not as hard as you might think, and it can open up a whole new world of opportunities!